The Royal Latin School
Our summer booster camps and Saturday tuition centre at The Royal Latin School are a great way to boost achievement, improve results and realise potential. Our aim is to maintain momentum through the summer holidays and prevent the learning slide.
Prices from just £25/day
Our secondary booster camps are ideal for students in years 4 - 10 to brush up on existing material, learn new skills and topics and prepare for the academic year ahead. Our camps are led by qualified teachers and are specifically designed to consider individual needs and help students gain a better understanding of subject matter. Its a highly stimulating environment that is proven to deliver results.
How is the camp structured?
The sessions are delivered by qualified teachers from Winchmore Camps and students are split by Key stage and ability level. Our 3 day single subject camps include two assessments so we are able to measure progress. Progress data is available after the camp.
The aim of the maths KS3 and KS4 programme is to:
- Develop fluency
- Reason mathematically
- Solve problems
The week will be action packed and interactive and each day will include the following elements: work on number, algebra, ratio, geometry and measures, probability, and statistics.
The aim of the English programme for KS3 and KS4 is to promote students to:
- read easily, fluently and with good understanding and develop the habit of reading widely and often, for both pleasure and information.
- acquire a wide vocabulary, an understanding of grammar and knowledge of linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language.
- write clearly, accurately and coherently, adapting their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences.
- use discussion in order to learn; they should be able to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas.
- demonstrate to others and participate in debate.