Making learning more fun is a great way to boost achievement, improve results and realise potential. That’s why we invented Winchmore Camps.
Set at Aureus school our camp includes a fun packed schedule of sports, activities and learning for children aged 5 to 13.
Prices from just £25/day
By teaming a FUN educational morning programme with a dynamic range of sports and activities, the Winchmore Camps programme helps primary aged pupils reach their learning goals in an active setting that engages, builds character, and gets the creative juices flowing.
Our camps help pupils catch up on missed work while getting close to sports, games, and much more. It’s all about improving results and maximising potential in a way that brings out the best both in and out of class.
Frequently asked questions
What will a child attending this camp get out of the educational morning programme.
The aims of the camp classes are to:
- Develop confidence and self belief as a learner, through developing learning for life skills and celebrating success.
- Gain fluency, reliability and speed in the key skills and knowledge recall needed for literacy and mathematics.
- Develop deep and secure understanding of the areas where children most often have misconceptions that hold them back as they progress through their schooling.
- Develop reasoning skills and the speaking and listening skills to share their thinking effectively to work in a group or team.
- Make new friends and have fun!
How is the camp structured?
The camp will be action packed and interactive and each day will include the following elements:
Maths Beat That Challenge: A fast paced challenge to recall important number facts such as times tables and number bonds and apply them to new challenges.
Spelling Wizards: Focussed teaching session followed by a fast-paced spelling challenge, where children will apply phonic knowledge and spelling rules to beat the clock.
The Mini Write: A team task where children work as a pair or small group to write and edit a fun piece of writing across the 3 days focussing on specific skills that commonly hold children back from progressing to the next level in writing.
The Massive Write: An opportunity for children to write for an extended period, applying the skills they have been focussing on across the week.
The Great Comprehendo: Reading comprehension is a vital skill. It is not just about passing SATS tests, the secondary school curriculum relies increasingly on a child being able to get the meaning out of a text independently to learn across all subjects.
Maths and English Key Focus Sessions: These sessions take advantage of the small group setting to get under the skin of commonly misunderstood topics that underpin the secondary school curriculum.
Reasoning Games: These semi-structured sessions provide a change of scene from classroom learning and allow children to reason, work as a team and use their speaking and listening skills.
Our afternoon sports and activities
We make use of the fantastic facilities, both indoor and outdoor, at Aureus school so there's lots to do no matter the weather!
Age appropriate sports and activites to inspire (and tire!) include:
- Outdoor sports include - Netball, Football, Cricket, Rounders, Hockey, Tennis
- Dance and Drama and performances in studio
- Cooking in the dedicated food suite
- Arts and Crafts in the art room